Tuesday 10 July 2018

Fleets in Profile: The Battle of Trafalgar


I had an Amazon voucher that one of the kids didn't want and swapped for a tenner with the bank of Dad, so I've splashed out on a paper ship book containing all of the British, French and Spanish ships that fought at Trafalgar.

Unlike the other books from Helion, these card models are fully coloured and can be cut out of the book without any need to photocopy anything, so they will be perfect for the holidays. There's a set of simple rules available from the Helion website that you can download:

http://www.helion.co.uk/warm-work-final.pdf

...or I may just write my own 'beer and pretzels' rules, to use as the basis for some naval skirmishing when I'm in Brittany in a couple of weeks.

I really like the idea of being able to set up a game without the time, expense and frustration of having to assemble, rig and paint fiddly models, although I have plenty of those in at least two scales in the leadpile!

No comments:

Post a Comment