Sunday 27 February 2022

Phantom Leader Rolling Thunder USN: Mission 4

 

Yet another tough mission, this time a strike on a VC troop concentration down South in Route Pack 2. I had some political constraints which meant I couldn't attack any sites outside the centre target area, and there were lots of them in the approach zones so I just had to take the heat, grin and bear it. I made it to the target okay, with some AAA adding a few stress counters to some of the pilots and some nasty damage to the Intruder - callsign Easy Money - causing the pilot to dump all of his ordnance. I hit the target, blowing it to bits with rockets, CBU's and Mk-82's, and then made a quick getaway. 

On the way out, a long range AAA burst shot down one of the Skyhawks - callsign Shadow - but he was quickly extracted by SAR, so returned to the squadron with half a dozen stress counters, which isn't a surprise. In the debrief, I gained another two VP's and some XP's for the pilots, as well as some useful recon and intelligence shifts, but at the cost of a lot of stress. I decided to splash out on three SO's for some quality R&R, winning back two stress points for the squadron, which means that six out of nine pilots are mission ready, while the other three can recover with some mission downtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment