Sunday 6 February 2022

Night Fighter Command Playtesting

I volunteered to do some playtesting of Night Fighter Command a while ago and the author, Alan Eagle, has very kindly let me take part. I have printed out all the sheets, counters, cards and rules so I need to get them cut out and get them laminated before I can start. I've really enjoyed Corvette Command and I'm a very keen air wargamer, albeit with miniatures, so I'm really looking forward to the whole playtesting process, which will hopefully include at least half a dozen ops.

PO 'Moggy' Jenkins famed for his cat like night vision

F/Sgt 'Jonno' Renaud, his stalwart Canuck AI Operator

In the meantime, I've rolled up my crew, operating from Middle Wallop with No.604 Squadron, with an English pilot, PO Albert 'Moggy' Jenkins, RAF, (Spotting 3 / Evade 1 / Attack 2 / Flying 2) and his French Canadian AI Operator, F/Sgt Jean Paul 'Jonno' Renaud, RCAF (AI 2 / Reload 2). Their GCI Controller has a skill rating of 4.  Their first op will be on the 12th May 1941 when the full moon should make interception easier over the mission route, which will take them down through Dorset then back along the coast around Portland before returning to Middle Wallop for breakfast.

3 comments:

  1. Jolly good luck sir on your first sortie. Looks like you've got a spiffing crew and a good egg as a GCI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a potential game to add to my collection once it is published. Keep us posted on how things play out.

    ReplyDelete