Sunday 17 April 2022

Aquitaine

 

As a bit of a change, I'll be playing the Society of Ancients, Hundred Years War hex and counter game Aquitaine, originally published as part of Paddy Griffith's Book of Sandhurst Wargames. I used to play this using my copy of the book but have since got hold of the later edition, which is basically the same but with a thinner counters and a booklet for the rules. It's a mini-campaign based on an English 'chevauchee' or war ride in the 1350's, with the Black Prince leading his army to capture and tax the towns in central and southern France, while the French under John the Good try to bring him to battle. It's good fun and quite fast to play, so I should get at least a couple of games in over the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Played this game myself- it is a good little one. Ideal for intreoducing beginners to gaming imo.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete