Saturday 13 April 2019

Tank on Tank Defenders of the Reich: Hunters

















I played one of the scenarios from the Defenders of the Reich supplement yesterday, using the much larger maps that come with the scenario booklet. I deliberately chose a scenario using Map F so that I could find out how the river and bridge terrain worked with the rules. The Germans had to wipe out a unit of infantry and a tank destroyer that had been cut off on the wrong side of the river, while a company of M26 Pershings tried to break through via the bridge to save them. 

It was a good game but the Germans managed to eliminate all of the trapped units, effectively blocking the road across the bridge with a lone Tiger for most of the eight turns. The US tankers broke through in the end but it was too little too late. I really enjoyed this scenario and the larger map, which allows a little more room for manoeuvre, so I've chosen another scenario featuring the bridge map for the next game. I think I need to iron out the creases first though!

2 comments:

  1. Could you get a clear acrylic sheet to put on the map? or even several such a4 sized pieces? that/they would level out the map & a4 (or even foolscap) sized pieces shouldn't be too difficult to sneak into holiday luggage ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I my well get big sheet of clear acrylic to use at home.

    ReplyDelete