Thursday 18 April 2019

Tank on Tank Defenders of the Reich: Kein Durchgang









I played the Kein Durchgang scenario from Defenders of the Reich today but it ended in a very swift victory for the Germans after they knocked out a key objective in Turn 3. The Germans had to blow up the bridge with their engineers or knock out a US self Propelled artillery unit to win the game. The US foolishly advanced the Priest too close to the bridge to get it in range of the German units on the other side, achieving an initial success by eliminating one of the two engineer units in a well placed stonk. However, the Germans advanced their Panzer IV HQ platoon across the bridge and knocked out the US artillery unit at point blank range. Boom! 

5 comments:

  1. Am I correct that ToT can be played using miniatures? I haven't seen the rules, etc., at all; I would be interested in it if miniatures could be used, as my gaming group detests counters.

    Best regards,

    Chris Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, no reason why not although it's hex based, so you'd need to use hexon or a similar system. There's a guy who has converted it to a triangle system for use with miniatures and it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's an interesting thread from TMP here:

    http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=480854

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the one I was thinking of here:

    http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=403440

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks--I guess I'll be getting a copy of ToT!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete