Saturday 15 July 2023

Wooden Ships and Iron Men

 

In a last-minute change of plan, I've brought my copy of Avalon Hill's classic Wooden Ships and Iron Men on holiday, in order to learn the rules and play some Age of Sail naval games. I've had this for ages but just didn't get round to punching it out and getting started, so now seems like an ideal opportunity. I'm working on some 1/2400th scale Napoleonic ships at the moment too, so it all fits together nicely. I've only just arrived at the holiday destination, so will give it a couple of days before I get cracking, but there will be some game reports on the blog soon as!

2 comments:

  1. I got these years ago. They give a nice authentic feeling game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the game. Very good look at age of sail gaming.

    ReplyDelete