Sunday 6 March 2022

IAF Leader 1956 Suez Crisis: Mission 5

                           





This was a tough one, at least on paper but I was lucky to get a really good event card which made it a lot easier. I had to attack a convoy of tanks but this time could take six aircraft, almost the entire squadron, so had a much better chance of knocking out the six hit target. I also turned over a Sabotage event card which enabled me to remove five AAA sites before the mission, which left only the three bandits and a lone HMG to deal with. 

I managed to evade and shoot down the bandits, although it cost me a lot of stress particularly on one pilot, then hammered the tanks with rockets and light bombs to knock them out. The flight out was a breeze but the squadron was a mess of stress, so I gave then downtime before the next and final mission to recover a bit. I also promoted the newbie pilot to green, which is better late than never. It's going to be a very tight margin on VP's if I'm going to get more than an adequate end to this campaign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment