Wednesday 2 March 2022

Phantom Leader Rolling Thunder USN: Mission 7

 

This was the last mission in my Rolling Thunder campaign and, unlike the previous one, went off without a hitch. I tried out a new attack profile, the three Skyhawks coming in at high altitude armed with AGM-12 Bullpup stand off missiles, targeting a POL storage facility defended my AAA that could only attack low level targets. The one high altitude AAA site was eliminated by an event card and the rest also prevented from firing in the first turn, not that it mattered as they had nothing to shoot at. 

The single bandit counter also turned up blank, so I didn't have to worry about that either. As a result, the Skyhawks rolled in and blasted the POL facility from afar, launching a total of three AGM-12's to finish the job. I only gained 2 XP per pilot and one measly VP but, as a bonus, the last event card returned one of my MIA pilots to the squadron having escaped from VC captivity. This brought the campaign to an end, with a total of eleven VP's - an 'Adequate Outcome' according to the campaign score card. Not too bad but not as good as the last campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment