Wednesday 16 March 2022

IAF Leader 1967: Mission 2


Mission 2 was a strike on some Egyptian Komar FAC's in the Gulf of Aqaba, which looked fairly straight forward as I was able to remove the two defending fighters using an event card, but ended up being a bit of a flop. I had loaded out the three Mirage with one AIM-9 and one Mk83 each which meant that they cost me extra SO's for the AAM's but then didn't have much hitting power when it came to ground attacks. In the end, I scored three hits with bombs and ground strafing but needed four to knock out the missile boats, so the mission was an embarrassing failure. The pilots did get an XP from the after mission event card, however, so it wasn't a total waste of time, even if I still only have one VP after two days of missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment