Friday 18 March 2022

Warfighter WWII: Tank Hunt





This mission ended up going horribly wrong after what seemed like quite a promising start. I had three GI's, a player soldier with an M1 and a bazooka, an NPS with an LMG and a squad soldier with a carbine plus grenades. The objective was to knock out a tank parked on step four of the track, which is obviously why I carted the bazooka along for the trip. This bit of kit ate up a load of load out points and prevented me from taking some useful things like grenades or a first aid pack, which was probably my downfall. 

Unfortunately, it all went pear shaped on the second location card, when an irritating enemy officer kept bringing reinforcements on after I had already knocked out the ones that were there in the first place, eventually leading to all my soldiers being wiped out. I couldn't get rid of him as he was screened, much to my frustration. The German body count was very high but this didn't make up for my entire squad being eliminated in the space of four turns. Talk about being pinned down! 

1 comment:

  1. Was bypassing the officer an option? Perhaps leaving the LMG NPS as a rear-guard? Across all the Warfighter games, things can go from easily-handled to pear-shaped quite quickly, so it's quite possible that option just wasn't there.

    ReplyDelete